All you need to know about Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is a field of specialization that deals with the concept of how to improve the appearance of your teeth. Your teeth are very important when it comes to impressions. When you have a good smile, many people may love and admire you. Cosmetic dentistry can be done to every person. The type of treatment to undergo depends on the issues of your teeth. However, you may have teeth issues such as cracked teeth, discolored teeth, lost teeth, chipped teeth, and broken teeth and not qualify for cosmetic dentistry techniques. For cosmetic dentistry that can suit and collect your teeth issues, consult cosmetic dentistry in Hilliard specialists because they are the best.
The major types of cosmetic dentistry
There are several types of cosmetic dentistry that you can undergo. However, before the procedures take place, your doctor must take you through an oral examination. The purpose of the examination is to make sure that you are the right candidate for the services. They include:
- Dental sealant. Dental sealant is cosmetic dentistry that deals with sealing cracks on your teeth. Your teeth can develop cracks after a mouth accident. During the procedure, your doctor will apply a cement-like product on your enamel to seal the cracks. Excess cement will be removed through polishing and cleaning.
- Teeth whitening. This technique is very popular across the globe. Teeth whitening is done to people with discolored teeth. Your teeth become discolored when you consume a lot of beverages, drinking alcohol, and smoking. Your doctor uses 35% of hydrogen peroxide to bleach and remove stains on your teeth.
- Dental veneers. Dental veneers are ceramic shells that are made and placed on the outer surface of your teeth. They correct teeth issues such as chipped teeth, cracked teeth, discolored teeth, and misaligned teeth. They can also increase or decrease the size of your teeth. Veneers are fixed on your teeth using cement-like products and strengthened using laser lights.
- Dental implants. Dental implants are done on people with missing teeth or a tooth. There are several types of dental implants you can undergo depending on your jawbone strength. During the treatment, your doctor uses artificial crowns and roots that act as your original teeth. Roots are fused on your jawbone and take some time to heal. After a few weeks, crowns are placed on top of roots and adjusted to look like the remaining natural teeth.
- Dental braces. Dental braces are used to align crooked or misaligned teeth. Dental braces use a wire and braces to align your teeth. There are several types of dental braces available for you at your dentist’s office.
Cosmetic dentistry has a lot of benefits which include even health benefits. For instance, white teeth are easy to clean, and replaced teeth improve your speech and mouth appearance. If you need cosmetic dentistry, book an appointment with the Innovative Dental Ideas center.