Everything to Know About Laser Hair Removal
Who has not dreamt about having unwanted hair permanently removed? Laser hair removal is a procedure that offers a permanent solution to your unwanted hair problems. It beams highly concentrated light into hair follicles to destroy the hair follicles permanently. Halle Friedman, RN, uses Palomar Icon™ equipment for Colorado Springs laser hair removal to relieve you of the fatigue and expenses of shaving, tweezing, and waxing.
Below is everything you ought to know about laser hair removal in Colorado.
Laser Hair Removal
It is both a cosmetic and medical procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light to eliminate unwanted hair on your:
- Bikini areas
- Feet and toes
During hair removal, the lasers emit light absorbed by the melanin in the hair, and the heat emitted destroys the hair follicles that produce the hair.
The procedure damages or delays future hair growth; you must have multiple sessions to get the desired results.
However, before laser hair removal, consult with your physician to determine if it is the appropriate treatment option, discuss treatment plans and your goals for treatment.
Before the procedure, Dr. Halle will advise on staying out of the sun, prescribing skin lightening cream, and advise you to avoid other hair removal methods such as plucking and blood-thinning medication, and you should shave the treatment area the day before laser treatment.
During the procedure day, you put on special goggles to protect you from the beams, then the doctor presses a laser instrument on your skin with a cooling device on the tip to protect your skin, and decreases the risk of possible side effects.
After the procedure, apply ice to the treated area to prevent swelling and redness.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Before you take the plunge, here are some of the wonderful benefits of laser hair removal:
- It helps you to avoid ingrown hairs, which are the biggest nightmares that follow after waxing, shaving, or epilating.
- You bid the ingrown woes goodbye with the laser since it removes the hair from the root and prevents cropping up of ingrown hair.
- It leaves your skin softer than before because there is no stubble or stray hair left behind after the procedure, leaving you feeling silky smooth.
- Even when the hair grows back, it’s usually thin and soft, not the thick hair texture that leaves your skin rough.
- It leaves your skin with no scars and painful side effects such as cuts, burns, and bruises since there is no mess process that is carried out on any part of your body.
- It provides you with long-lasting results with subsequent sessions hence rendering you hairless in the process.
- It allows you to shave in between the sessions allowing you to remain fuzz-free throughout the year.
Talk to Your Laser Removal Specialist Today
Getting rid of unwanted hair is always on everyone’s wish list. Be able to put on those sleeveless clothing by booking an appointment with Robert Andrews Laser & Medical Aesthetics in Colorado, and get rid of that unwanted hair once and for all. Avoid the pain and debilitating side effects of shaving, tweezing, epilating, and waxing.